The Polish Arts Club of Buffalo was founded in 1945. Its establishment was inspired by a lecture presented by Dr. Zygmunt Stojowski, a noted composer and friend of the famed pianist, Ignacy Jan Paderewski. Stojowski’s council to his audience – to acquaint Americans with the rich Polish culture and heritage – was enthusiastically embraced by the Club’s founders: Mrs. John Frost, in whose home the initial meetings of the Club were held, Sophie Schoen, Sophie Czech, Mrs. Francis Schuncke and Mr. Walter Orzelski.
The Club prides itself on its standards, set originally by its founding President, Eugene Dyczkowski, a noted painter, President for several terms of the Buffalo Society of Artists and a one time Assistant Director of the Albright Art Gallery. The Club was fortunate to have a renowned man of letters, Aleksander Janta-Pokzynski as its third President.